By Kaley Hanson
There are an endless amount of reasons why you should join PRSSA, but we tried to narrow it down to 5 important reasons why joining this organization is a life-time investment.
1. National Organization – Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is a national organization for students interested in public relations and communications. PRSSA “seeks to advance the public relations profession by nurturing generations of future professionals.”
2. Networking – Being a member of PRSSA is an important and helpful step for growing in the public relations business. Not only is it a great organization to meet people with similar goals and aspirations, but it serves as a tool for establishing and honing valuable networking skills.
3. National Conference – Every year, PRSSA sends many of its members to a national conference where individuals can network with professionals and peers from across the country. The conference also has many professionals come and talk about the latest trends in PR.
4. Post-Graduation Resources – Graduating soon? Don’t worry, Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is here to help. PRSA says that “as a PRSSA member, you have access to the PRSA Jobcenter, a resource for finding public relations employment opportunities all over the world. On the site, you can learn how to post your résumé, sign up for job alerts and pose career-search questions to seasoned professionals.”
5. Internship Opportunities – Membership is not only a great way to find connections, but it also provides internship opportunities for its members. Can it get any better? It sure can. PRSSA also offers scholarships to individuals as well as entire chapters.
PRSSA is a great way to help you be informed and intelligent as you enter the world of networking and interviewing. Join now. You won’t regret it!